The real estate industry is very complex and always evolving. The strategies that worked last year may not be as effective or efficient this year. On top of that, it always feels like there are at least a hundred things that need to be done right now.
There are, however, some simple things you can do to stay on top of the job and be a more efficient real estate agent.
Consider the following 5 tips for working smarter, not harder.
1. Manage Your Leads More Effectively
You need a plan to make sure no leads slip through the cracks. There are several things you can do to manage your leads and nurture your relationships:
- Use call notes, track contact activity, and set tasks and appointments with a robust client database.
- Inform your conversations by using property search insights that can help you understand each client’s needs.
- Use IDX activity to determine which listings a visitor viewed, the prices they prefer, and the locations that appeal to them.
- Route every lead to the right agents, whether that means the highest-performing agent or the one who specializes in a particular location or type of property.
2. Always Provide Immediate Responses
“Getting to them later” is not a viable plan when it comes to the questions, comments, or concerns from your current and potential clients.
When there are so many tasks vying for your attention, though, it can be easy to put them off “just for a while.” This is especially true when these questions come from someone who doesn’t seem quite ready to jump into the home buying process.
Instead of pushing these responses off to another time, you can set up automated follow-ups and drip email campaigns to make sure no lead slips through the cracks.
3. Prioritize Your Time with Clients
In the real estate world, relationships are critical. However, not everyone you’re working with is at the same stage of commitment.
You need to prioritize your efforts so you’re spending your face-to-face time with qualified clients that are ready to transact.
That doesn’t mean you can neglect your other lead-nurturing activities. You’ll still need to make time for them. You just need to make sure that your priorities are in order.
4. Use a CRM to Stay Organized
Is your team following up on every lead? Are they keeping their sales funnel filled with potential homebuyers? Are they regularly closing sales?
When you use the right CRM, you can get instant insights into your business. You will be able to answer the above questions and optimize your marketing efforts accordingly. You can even use it to help plan your future growth and ensure the pipeline is constantly filled with clients.
5. Consolidate Your Real Estate Tools
There are a lot of tools that can help agents be more efficient, but if you’re using several different tools in your agency to accomplish the same basic tasks, then you could also be adding a lot of unneeded complexity.
It is possible, however, to combine CRM, business management, lead routing, IDX, and business dashboards in a single platform.
When you have all these tools running on a single platform with an intuitive interface, you can increase productivity without bogging the agency down with the day-to-day management of those tools.
Are you ready to up your real estate game? Try Activated Agent and discover new ways to be a more efficient real estate agent. Contact us today!